Wednesday, April 15, 2009

portugal!!

Our team traveled to Portugal for two weeks. Two glorious weeks!! Portugal has become one of my favorite countries. The ministry time was phenomenal!! The people were fantastic!! The food was amazing!! Oh and the country itself was beautiful!!  I had many great moments but I will share one here.......

The church we worked with arranged a big youth night and invited several youth groups to attend. I brought the Word that night and encouraged them to say "Yes!" to God and whatever He is calling them to. I was able to share my testimony and my calling to the nations. After the service, a youth worker came forward with her seven year old daughter, Sarah. Sarah's mom had tears in her eyes and she told me that Sarah has told them for about a year now, that she will be a missionary when she grows up. Her mom explained how hearing my story encouraged her and helped her release her daughter to missions. I cried as I prayed for lil Sarah. If the entire trip was only so I could encourage this family with a blooming missionary, so be it. 

I love my job. I love the people the Lord allows me to meet. They bless me more than words...........

No comments: